We recently launched our new mint chocolate nut milk, Spearmint Rhino and added a powerful ingredient. This ingredient is also the reason why our nut milk is creamier than any other in town. It has such a powerful effect on the body and has kept us all feeling so good, it cannot be the last time we use it in our fitness-focused products.
“MCTs” are medium-chain triglycerides – a special type of saturated fat that digests more easily than regular long-chain triglycerides (fats found in omegas, meats, fish, eggs, poultry nuts & seeds). Because MCTs easily digest and fat is the best fuel, they have an almost instant thermogenic effect on the body. This means that the body burns fat rather than sugar for fuel, giving athletes more endurance. Coconuts are naturally made up of roughly 60% MCTs, hence why coconut oil is regarded as a fat-burning-fat. The MCT concentrate that we use is extracted from coconut oil. Smaller amounts of MCTs can also be found in a few other foods containing saturated fats such as butter, whole milk, cheeses and full cream yoghurt.
MCTs have a long list of benefits. Use them to:
- Reduce stored body fat – they stimulate thermogenesis and increase your metabolic rate
- Subsequently increase your energy levels
- Think more clearly – your brain cannot store energy and needs a constant supply. MCTs rapidly feed the brain cells to keep you focused
- Improve your mood – MCT’s improve gut health and the production of serotonin in the gut, which increases your happy hormones
- Manage weight – these fats are burned as fuel instead of being stored as fat, but they keep you full all the same
- Balance hormone levels – the body needs various types of fats to create hormones, and MCT is one of the best as it is also anti-inflammatory
- Fight bacterial infection & viruses – MCTs are anti-viral-fungal and -bacterial
- Improve digestion and increase absorption of fat-soluble nutrients
Our team loves to exercise and have straight-up noted to have better endurance and more energy when we consume MCT oil. Give it a try and stay tuned for an exciting new range showcasing MCTs coming soon.